Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a different topic is posted inviting the participants to come up with a list of ten things to do with the topic.
This week’s topic is ‘Top Ten Series I’d Like To Start But Haven’t Yet’. This is a fairly easy one, because we have quite a few unread series in our house. Some of these seem to be long series that I just haven’t had the time for, but I’d like to get them all started at some time.
1. Divergent (Veronica Roth) – I really need to read the first two books in this series before the third one comes out. I picked up used copies earlier this year at a book sale, but just haven’t got around to them yet.
2. Succession (Scott Westerfeld) – there are only two books in this series, so I don’t know what’s stopping me from reading them. They are both on my shelf as well. I have already read two of Westerfeld’s other series – Leviathan and Midnighters – and enjoyed them, so I’m sure I’ll enjoy this one as well.
3. Uglies (Scott Westerfeld) – we gave a box set of this series to our daughter at Christmas. She has already read them, so there’s nothing stopping me now either.
4. Inheritance (Christopher Paolini) – We have the first three books of this series on our shelf, but just haven’t taken the time to read them yet. The fourth book is out as well, but I really should read the other three first.
5. The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency (Alexander McCall Smith) – I have the first ten books of this series unread on my shelf. They look so good, but for some reason I just haven’t been able to pick them up yet.
6. A Song of Ice and Fire (George R.R. Martin) – I got the first book in this series a couple of years ago as part of my SantaThing at LibraryThing. I know I would enjoy this series, but the books always look so daunting!
7. Millennium (Stieg Larsson) – I also have the first book in this series on my shelf and I think it’s another series I would really enjoy. One of these days I’ll get around to it.
8. Outlander (Diana Gabaldon) – my wife has all of these books and loves them. She’s convinced that I’d enjoy them. i’m not sure, but I’d like to try them at some point, but, like the Martin books, they just seem so daunting.
9. The Dark Tower (Stephen King) – I’ve been slowly buying the books in this series in used book store and thrift stores. Once I’ve got them all I intend to read this series. It looks so good.
10. Matched (Allie Condie) – I picked up the first book in this series at a book sale earlier this year, with the intention of seeing if I like it or not. It looks like something I might enjoy, but I haven’t found the time yet.