I haven’t done one of these for a while and, ironically, this weeks list isn’t about books! Top Ten Tuesdays is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s question is:
What are your Top Ten Blogs/Sites you read that aren’t about books?
This is a great question and the problem may be narrowing it down to 10, because there are quite few blogs and sites that I read on a regular basis. So here goes:
- U2.com – this is the official website for U2, the best band in the world. I have a paid subscription to the site, which gives me full access to all the old stuff and also first dibs on good tickets for any tours they are on. Each year there is also an exclusive CD for renewing your membership.
- headphonaught’s nanolog – the personal website of my friend, Thomas, in Scotland. His site was one of the inspirations for me originally getting into blogging. Among many other things, he blogs about music and photography (he collects cameras). He also has a number of links to other sites he runs, including a non-commercial netlabel he recently founded for independent musicians, called we are all ghosts.
- Happy Cow – this is the most trusted place on the web for vegetarian and vegan food. It has great links to all things veg and vegan, and is well worth the visit.
- Last.fm – a great place to keep track of your music and to discover new tunes you may never have heard before.
- mental_floss – this is ‘where knowledge junkies get there fix’ and is the website for the magazine of the same name. If you’re a fan of trivia and unusual knowledge, then this site is for you. They have some really cool stuff for sale as well.
- Rangers – official website of Rangers F.C., the best football team in the world.
- ship of fools – a very funny website about faith, which claims: “We’re here for people who prefer their religion disorganized. Our aim is to help Christians be self-critical and honest about the failings of Christianity, as we believe honesty can only strengthen faith.” The caption contests are always good for a laugh.
- Noise Trade – a great Fair Trade music site – thousands of albums, completely free, completely legal. Donations to the artists are encouraged – pay what you can afford or what you think the music is worth.
- Netted by the Webbys – a site that introduces you each day to the best sites, apps and online stuff that make life better. if you subscribe to them they send you details daily for their recommended site or app of the day.
- BBC Sport – usually the first place I go each day for my football news.
Other places I regularly frequent are Twitter, tumblr, flickr, Pinterest, and so on, but I didn’t think they were specific enough for the top 10 list. I also really need to become a more frequent participant of Top 10 Tuesday!