Today, Booking Through Thursday asks the following questions:
1. What do you think of reading aloud/being read to? Does it bring back memories of your childhood? Your children’s childhood?
- There are certain times when I think it is great – poetry readings, author’s reading from their own work, listening to Scripture in worship, are some of these times. But there are also times when I want to go off to a quiet place alone and read by myself, which would still mainly be my preference. It does bring back memories of being read to as a child as well and some of those books are still quite dear to me.
2. Does this affect the way you feel about audio books?
- Audio books have their place, but I’m not a huge fan of them. They are good for listening to on a long journey if I’m the one having to drive, but other than that I prefer to have the words before me.
3. Do you now have times when you read aloud or are read to?
- I have recently started reading to my son each night. Currently we are working through a chapter of ‘The Chronicles of Narnia’ each night. It’s been an enjoyable experience so far.